Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We love museums!

So I know this isn't a surprise from many of our previous posts, but we really love museums and have some great ones here in the Midwest. We recently went to the children's museum (probably the coolest children's museum in the world) and had a great time. I (Justin) really liked the display of Starwars stuff. Although I was hoping for a bigger display, they had some original outfits worn in the movies, some lightsabers, blasters and then some very cool sketches from the recent animated movie that were pretty cool. Maggie also loves the museum and her favorite part is the merry-go-round.

Also we recently went to Tennessee to visit Sue and Andy and decided to go to Gatlinburg for a day. Gatlinburg was quite an adventure too, but we mostly just went to the Ripley's Aquarium. It is owned by the same Ripley's that does the Believe-it-or-not stuff so I was wondering if it was going to be cheesy, but this place was spectacular. I have always really enjoyed aquariums and ocean stuff (I even did my high school thesis paper about sharks) and this place had some amazing sharks. The highlight is called "Shark's Cove" and is this huge aquarium with a long underwater tunnel that runs through it so that you are looking up at these 12' long sharks, huge saw fish, a sea turtle among others. I absolutely loved it and definitely want to go back.

Finally I am now in Louisville (more in the next post) for a summer internship (man, I am using a lot of parenthesis in this post) and we all came down to get moved in to my apartment for the summer and got to go to the Louisville Children's museum. It was pretty fun, while not as good as the Indy museum. All in all we love museums and love going to different ones. We will probably have more posts through the summer as there are lots more museums to visit in Louisville.

4 comments:

McKenzie said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I love aquariums, too.

Carlsbad Whitings said...

Next time you go up to K2's, visit the Shedd Aquarium in chicago. It is amazing, too. You must have inherited your love of sharks from your nephew John (only he's into tiger ones). Thanks for all the fun pictures. I live for them!

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

Thanks for coming, we had lots of fun!!!I'm glad that you really liked the Aquarium!! Andy and I are trying to figure out a good weekend in June that we can come and meet you in Louisville! But I think for sure we want to come for the 4th of July if you, Justin, don't end up with a roommate!! Let us know.

Katelin's family said...

I have got to check out that aquarium sometime. Wow, that looks awesome! If you're still up for adventures, come visit us again!! Oh, and we've also got to have you show us the Indianapolis museum--next time for sure.