Thursday, October 10, 2013

October Update

Hello everyone.  Our main recent updates are that I had my presentation where I had to defend my dossier (collection of work) during my time here at IU last Friday.  It went as well as I could have hoped.  I still have lots of work to do and won't know for sure if I passed or not for a few more days/weeks, but I am hopeful that I did this time.  Best case scenario is that I get a 'conditional pass,' with stipulations about finishing some research projects that I have been doing, perhaps rewrite some other parts, or add some things by the end of the semester.  It has been a very up and down semester and last week was especially difficult in trying to figure out if I can really do this, but I really felt the prayers and thoughts of the family.  I really appreciated knowing that many of you were concerned and thinking about me.  Hopefully it will all work out so that I can then proceed on to the next steps which will be deciding on and figuring out a dissertation topic to begin next year.
Our other big news is that we are getting very excited to have this new baby coming soon.  Megan is not technically due until Nov 6th, but the doctor will likely induce her a couple weeks early because she has had high blood pressure.  So I think we are looking at the week of Oct 22nd to probably have a baby.  We will keep you all posted, but please keep her in your prayers as it gets down to the last couple weeks.  It has been a harder pregnancy, largely due to the three kids she still has to take care of, but overall she is doing well.  Megan is such a trooper. 
Maggie and Eva are such cute sisters.  They play quite well together and Maggie has even been on a two week break that last couple weeks so they have loved that.  Mostly they love going outside and Maggie will ride her bike around the cul-de-sac and eva rides the scooter and plays with dolls all the time.
Beau is a ball of energy.  He is definitely a little kid now, not a baby and love being outside and trying to push things down the street.  We have to keep a close watch on him, but he is a cutie. 
Glad to hear all is well with everyone and thanks again for your prayers for us recently. We love you guys.
Justin

No comments: