Last week we picked up Megan's parents in Indianapolis and headed over to Cincinnati for a couple of days. Susan and Andy came up from Knoxville and we had a great time. The highlight of the trip was going to Jungle Jim's (www.JungleJims.com). We kept this as a secret of what we were doing so they had no idea what to expect. Frankly, even though I had been there many times, neither did I. We took a guided tour of the store that lasted about two hours and then we still went back through the store to get more stuff. They sell everything there from live fish to camel steaks. Any ways, we had a lot of fun.
I also went to Skyline Chili twice, Graeters, and Montgomery Inn on the river. It was all just as good as I remembered. I didn't make it to LaRosa's, but I did buy some pizza sauce at Jungle Jim's so we can make our own. We also went to the Krohn conservatory, and walked along the river front a couple of times, and had a really great time. Well I hope you are all jealous, but not too much. We hope that some of you can come out and visit us sometime. I am actually looking at switching to a PhD (not for sure yet though) but we may be here for a while. We will talk to you all later.
3 comments:
We had so much fun!! Thanks for sharing Mom and Dad with us and for making our weekend so much fun!! We love you!!
Oh, that does sound super fun! I've been wanting to do a Cincinnati trip sometime like that. More school, huh? Good luck deciding, etc.!!
Thanks for the great tour of Cincy. Brought back so many wonderful memories. You missed Music Hall, tho, that's my special place! Sounds like you sampled alot of the famous Cincy food. That 4-way made my mouth water! Could you see if our fruit trees were thriving at the house? I always wondered how they did after we moved. I can't believe Jungle Jim's has become such a tourist destination. At least three of your sibs worked there. How about those Rumpke toilets!
Post a Comment